Accident Investigation Training Course
Accident investigation provides one of the most important sources of information needed to drive improvements in safety systems. The Health and Safety at Work (General Risk and Workplace Management) Regulations place a duty on PCBUs to "review" procedures and risk control measures following incidents.
For an accident investigation to be effective it needs to be structured and systematic. It also needs to be performed by trained and competent employees who can maintain an 'open mind' (about the causes of an accident/incident) throughout the investigation. It is too easy to 'jump to conclusions' and miss the opportunity to really learn from the incident and therefore prevent a similar occurrence.
This event will
- improve the quality of accident investigation
- reduce the number of workplace accidents
- enhance your safety management systems
- offer awareness of legislative requirements regarding accident investigation
- recommend controls to add to your hazard management process
- What does the law require?
- Planning and the investigation steps
- Interviewing techniques
- Identifying the facts
- Accident causation
- Assessing causation factors
- Preparing and writing the report
- Follow-up action
- What is an accident and how do accidents occur?
- The investigation process and the objective of it
- Business Owners
- Managers, Supervisors and/or Team leaders
- Members of an OH&S Committee
- All those involved in accident or incident investigation in the workplace.
All attendees who complete this course will be awarded the: Accident
Investigation Certificate of Attendance and Achievement.